Saturday, March 3, 2007

my new pair of eyes


yesterday i received a new pair of eyes. while technically speaking, my eyes were not actually removed and replaced, instead they were revamped and reshaped. my parents gave me these new eyes as my graduation present from seminary. after some research we opted for the IntraLase Lasik procedure. this is the newest version of Lasik that uses only lasers throughout the entire procedure. the picture is similar to the machine used on me yesterday. the procedure took about 10 minutes to complete and was relatively painless, but i must admit there were some uncomfortable moments. The doctor who preformed my surgery did a fabulous job, and kept me entertained throughout the entire procedure. he kept instructing me to "not move at all" and "keep looking at the blinking light." did he actually think that i was going to move? he was shooting lazers at my eyes for goodness sake. i can't think of any better incentive to remain still! afterwards i experienced some discomfort and a crazy white-tented haze, but after a nap and a good nights sleep "i can see clearly now the 'haze' is gone!" the bedside table looks like a pharmacy with all of the eye drops i'm supposed to use, and also i'm sporting some pretty snazzy goggles when i sleep (so that i can't rub my eyes). i will keep you posted as i continue on my quest for 20/20 vision.

1 comment:

Jeremy & Erin said...

I'm so glad you can see better now Steph! How exciting! And I'm so glad you started a blog...way to go. I will enjoy reading your postings and staying updated on your life! Love Erin