Friday, March 6, 2009

who is your God?

as i sit on here on my couch, i can't help but think through this past week. not only am i a planner, i'm an analyzer. which means, i think ahead... and i think backwards. both are dangerous. so as i wade through last week i see many ways that the events have revealed my God to me.

who is your God?

let me tell you about mine.
  • my God is a healer. a close family friend... so close we call them family... has been fighting brain cancer. no one has ever survived it. he's lived longer than he should. he went in for an MRI this week... and they couldn't find any sign of it. my God heals. while we don't know the future of this situation, i know that in this moment, God's love is more real then ever.
  • my God is my sustainer. i'm tired. i've had a crazy past few months... actually, make that a crazy past few years. and yet when i don't know where strength will come from, He provides.
  • my God draws people to Him. i see this every day, even when i'm not looking.
  • my God gives. i have people in my life that love and support me. i don't deserve them.
  • my God forgives me, which gives me the desire to change.
  • my God loves. He loves me in-spite of me.
there's so much more that i could write. my words will never be enough to describe my.

so i ask you again, who is your God?