Saturday, December 12, 2009

my God is faithful. now, if only i could return the favor.

sometimes it hits me. the realizations of where i've been and where i am. the reminder of the laughter, growth and pain that accompanied me along the way, remains vivid and etched on my heart. memories captured in the frames in my mind cause me to pause and praise God for all He's done in and around me… and then, they remind me of how far i have to go.


man, do i have a long way to go.


the darkness in my heart, the pride i keep hidden, the selfishness that takes up more of my day that i'd ever admit… thank God for grace. oh how i need it.


i'm sitting here on my $20 couch… in my new house. experiencing God's provision in new ways everyday. i'm so thankful for moments like this. the events of the year led to this moment… and even though they made no sense and hurt more than I'd ever like to remember, i praise God for His faithfulness.


my God is faithful. now, if only i could return the favor.