Thursday, March 6, 2008

our lovely spring snow.

ok. it's march 6th... and currently we have around 7 inches of snow in denton. i live in texas. this should not happen. we had snow earlier this week and i didn't even have a chance to put pictures up from that snow-filled day before we had another one.

it usually takes me about 15 minutes to get from the BSM to my house, today it took me an hour. i saw cars and trucks running off the road into ditches, buses struggling to drive, etc. the worst part of the drive was driving up the street i live on. i live in the country... and usually the small amount of traffic is a plus for my location, but today i would have thoroughly enjoyed some tire marks to follow. once i made it the driveway that leads to my house i thought i was home free, little did i know that the adventure was just about to begin. i wasn't able to get my car up the driveway that leads to my house, so i had to pull out a trusty "shovel" (which was a lid to a big plastic storage container... no one in texas owns a snow shovel) and go to work on my driveway so that i could get my car into the garage. just so you know, i conquered and the car is thawing out while being safely parked inside. here are some pictures of our crazy weather:

my car in the BSM parking lot

this shows my shoveling handiwork.

my front yard.

more from my front yard.

my back yard.

this weather is crazy, but i must admit that i'm looking forward to cooking dinner, curling up on the couch and watching a movie.

No comments: