Monday, May 4, 2009

brulee-ing the creme

if you know me... you know i like to cook. baking, that's another story. for some reason it intimidates me. while i was in corpus with my parents over spring break... they introduced me to the wonders of the "mini torch." my dad made creme brulee and we each got to torch our own dessert. of course, i instantly fell in love... not with the great dessert... but with the ability to play with fire. in the kitchen. with a torch. and burning things on purpose.

my mom thought about buying me my own torch to take home with me and then realized that taking it on the plane would have caused quite an ordeal, so i went to bed bath and beyond and bought one when i got home.

my friend susan and i decided to make some creme brulee and try the torch out. here's a picture of the torch in action.
susan wrote about our brulee-ing adventure on her blog, click here to check it out.

stay tuned for some more cooking adventures...