Sunday, May 24, 2009

what's your theme song?



i love music, but i no longer consider myself a music snob. gone are the days that i spend more money on music than anything else. while i am sure that i do spend more money on music than the average person, my music budget has diminished significantly. i guess that's what happens when you grow up.

my taste ranges from CCM (contemporary Christian) to top 40... basically, anything from amy grant to jason mraz. throw in some "good" country and r&b and i'm a happy girl. i like variety. i'm rarely without my ipod, so that i can listen to what i like... when i like... b/c the radio rarely satisfies my musical moods.

i associate songs to situations going on in my life. i can hear a song and be instantly transported back in time and remember where i was and what i was doing when that song began to mean something to me. here are some examples:

when i hear "all star" by smash mouth... my best friend and senior year of high school instantly comes to mind.

rob thomas and santana's "smooth"... reminds me of my freshmen year of college and one of my college roommates.

brandon heath's "i'm not who i was" ... a painful loss of a friend.

some of my theme songs of this past year would have to be:
what about you? what are some of your theme songs?