Sunday, November 1, 2009

a quick update

it's official. i'm all moved in. thanks to my friends and amazing students... all i have to do now is get settled in the new house.

today is halloween... i had about 5 trick-or-treaters... sadly, they came in 2 groups. hopefully, that will pick up next year.

we successfully changed the cord on my dryer (needed a 4 pronged one instead of the 3 pronged one it had). the washer is now in place but we think it is in need of a "washer" for the hose.

i ordered blinds today.

i bought a $100 vacuum cleaner for $32 at bed, bath and beyond. oh how i love clearance and coupons.

my living room is coming together. we added slipcovers to the couch and love seat (thanks mom!). my friend melanie alphabetized my dvds for me... and the books will happen tomorrow.... while i organized and hooked up the "entertainment" center. (no cords touch the floor!)

my clothes are either in trash bags or sitting in a huge plastic tub at the foot of my bed.

so far: the garage door opener is installed, verizon internet/tv is up and running and the new fridge is in place.

i hope to be able to park my car in the garage tomorrow... but we'll see.

i'll write more soon but i'm exhausted, so i'm heading to bed.