Thursday, February 5, 2009

abide

the Texas BSM Abide prayer conference is this weekend.

Abide is an unscheduled prayer experience for college students, high school seniors, and adults who work with college students. Abide is designed to be a time of retreat. There is a opening session on friday night and a closing session saturday afternoon. everything in between is up to you. there will be various “Abide areas” to help you pray and connect with God. sit by the water. spend some time next to the bonfire. sleep. listen to the quiet. pray for your campus and the world. enjoy the cool weather. take a walk by yourself. have coffee with a friend.

a·bide:v. a·bode or a·bid·ed, a·bid·ing, a·bides

  • Digest; to wait; to pause; to delay; to stay; to continue in a place; to be prepared for; to wait patiently for; to remain in a place.; to continue to be sure or firm; endure; to dwell or sojourn.
  • “Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.” (John 15:4, New International Version).
  • “Live in me. Make your home in me just as I do in you. In the same way that a branch can’t bear grapes by itself but only by being joined to the vine, you can’t bear fruit unless you are joined with me.” (John 15:4, The Message).