Sunday, February 8, 2009

a facebook phenomenon making an appearance here.

if you are on facebook you know about the uprising known as "25 things about me." i think i'm the only one on facebook who hadn't filled this out yet... so i'm giving in to conformity... here we go, 25 random things about me:

1. i'm originally from oklahoma but i proudly call texas home.

2. i lived with cinderella in college. literally. =) and loved every minute of it. i was blessed with some great college roomies.

3. i have a strange fear of fish... not of seeing them or eating them... just don't want them to touch me while i'm in the water. the thought creeps me out.

4. all but 2 pieces of furniture in my house were given to me.

5. it took me over a year to use my kitchen aid mixer for the first time. i've been told that is a sin, so i pulled it out last week and made banana bread.

6. i love to cook, and for some reason, baking intimidates me.

7. i put my movies in alphabetical order. my books are sorted into categories and then alphabetized. i won't even mention how i organize my CDs. my students tell me that makes me OCD.

8. i love music but hate listening to the radio.

9. i fell in love with england one summer.

10. i have great parents who are very neat, organized and have degrees and careers in science (pharmacy and medicine). i on the other hand, hate to make my bed and some how convinced my advisor to let me take horticulture instead of biology. i got my 4 hours of science credit by doing lawn work on my university's campus.

11. i went to belmont university... before anyone had really heard of it.

12. i've seen carved wood bears that look like they are peeing... in alabama... and have pictures to prove it.

14. i love road trips with friends. this trips have included... 3 michael buble concerts in 3 days, a zebra invasion, a new kids on the block concert, staying in a W hotel, tons of trips in college, etc.

15. i taught myself how to play guitar and piano.

16. i enjoy keeping in touch with people that have made an impact in my life.

17. i participated in an amazing prank war in college with 2 great friends. it involved a BBQ grill, mini alarm clocks and breaking and entering.

18. i love that my job is investing in college students. i can't believe they pay me to do it.

19. i talk to my mom at least once a day.

20. i appreciate my friends more because i know what it feels like to lose them.

21. i arrange my wednesday nights around top chef... and my DVR is there to back me up if something comes up and i can't be home.

22. i love blogs, facebook, twitter and other social networking things... because i get to see what God is doing around me and keep in touch with people.. and then i usually write about what I read here: www.stephaniegates.blogspot.com.

23. because of skype, it feels like i've visited senegal.

24. i almost had cancer.

25. i thank God for john 3:16.