when i wrote my last post, i was in a hotel room in atlanta, a stop that was not on my original itinerary.
while at the airport awaiting my flight to munich, i was able to meet up with a team from FBC jacksonville (florida) and travel the rest of the way with them. we landed in munich (9.5 hours later) @ 7:50 am on Sunday. we then waited for 2 other flights to get in, so we didn't start our 3 hour bus ride to the hotel until around 2 pm. which meant, we sat at the airport for hours. which usually wouldn't have been a big deal, but i hadn't slept in over 24 hours at that point.
when i arrived at the hotel, i led worship for the youth and then went straight to bed.
in between the bible study sessions and worship times we took the students on a 2 hour hike... in the rain. we all got soaked, but it was worth it.
today we took the students on an adventure. we drove about 20 minutes to alpsen coaster... which had a gondala ride, high ropes cours and a 15 minutue tabogan ride. we had a blast, but we're all exhausted.
also, i met my other roommate today. her name is katie... we share a bed... and hadn't met until dinner tonight. crazy, huh? i'm always in bed before she gets to the room... and then i'm up before she is, so our different scheduels prevented us from meeting, which we both felt was weird. =) i found our other roommate and asked her to introduce me to her during dinner so that it wouldn't be so awkward.
things i've learned/experienced:
- i hate fizzy water. we actually spent 6 euros on a liter of fizzy water... dumped it out... and filled it with "still" water from the sink.
- the view here is amazing. i've never seen clouds settle around mountains like this before. i'll take a picture and post it soon.
- i miss having ice in my drink... and air conditioning.
- missionary kids lead amazing lives... and have some amazing struggles. it's been a blessing getting to know them. (we have 28 youth)
- if you want to conquer jetlag... stay up for 30 hours and then go to bed around 9 pm. worked like a charm.
- the german language is crazy hard.