Monday, October 26, 2009

packing, painting and preparing for the move...

today was a very productive prep day for me. I completed the following:
  • decided on a homeowners insurance policy
  • lined up utilities for the new house (got out of a $150 deposit!)
  • canceled utilities on the rent house
  • transfered internet/tv account to the new house - and saved money!
  • bought a refrigerator
  • finished going through the rest of the boxes in the garage
also, meagan and hollye came over and packed up my kitchen and movies tonight while i continued to work on the furniture and boxes in the garage. they not only helped me be very productive, they kept me very entertained... which was a nice change to working at the house on my own.

tomorrow i do the walk-thru. my mom came up and susan is leaving work early to help me spot all the things that need to be fixed... and i'm very thankful for their willingness to help.

i close on thursday, move on friday... and melanie comes friday evening to help me start the "settling" process.