Sunday, September 6, 2009

counseling

i'm in counseling. i have been since november. i'm not ashamed to admit that to you. in fact... i think it's something everyone should do at some point in their life.

i started going because of some difficult situations. i continued because those situations continued. (sorry for the vagueness, but it's necessary). while the situations have changed, i continue going because i see how it benefits my life. it's not easy. in fact, i find it rather difficult. it chisels away at every part of me.

it has helped me fall more in love with God... which helps me love people better. and when you're in ministry, that's extremely important.

in the previous post, i wrote about struggling with pride and thinking i need to do and fix everything myself.

this is me letting you know... that i realize i'm not ok... and i've actually been doing something about it.

are you?